The RadRover Electric Fat Bike combines bodacious on and off road ebiking with the tires and Samsung 48 volt battery to back it up.
Go fat or go home!
The fat bike craze has been seizing myriad persons and off road enthusiasts all over the world, as it makes for biking on the beach, swiping by on snow or churning through muddy trails for a true all weather, all terrain bicycle.
Mountain biking has evolved to flesh out a light aluminum frame with four-inch WIDE tires, fat ones, and a 750 watt battery pack and geared hub motor combo.
Most fat bikes retail for well over a grand, and that’s only with pedaling power as a source (no electric power), but the RadRover Fat Bike is available for $999 until May 15, or the Indiegogo runs out of the Super Early Bird Special.
This production ready ebike allows for hilly terrain domination up to 20 miles for a 180 pound rider and 17 miles for a 230 pound champ.
The maintenance-free brushless geared hub motor is light and turns in the wheel to provide 15 amps of continuous power to the 48 volt bad ass Samsung 48 volt 11.6 Ah battery pack, being a major upgrade on the industry standard 36 volt batteries.
There is an LCD display on the handlebars, emergency shut off button for the motor (can I get an eject button too please?) and one of the coolest features allows for lockout, which allows you to go from active front suspension to rigid with the flip of a handy knob to increase pedaling efficiency on road or comfort to your bum off road.
Everything to the cranks and seven speed Shimano gears have been carefully thought out and put together for a quality ride amongst the mountainous paths or the sandy sunset coasts.
Check out the specs, dude (or technical specifications):
- MSRP: $1499
- Drive System: Brushless Geared Hub Motor
- Motor: 750W
- Controller: 48 Volt 15 Amps Continuous (22 Amps Peak)
- Display: Display LCD Speedometer, Wattmeter, Odometer, Backlight, And Remote Handlebar Selector Buttons.
- Suspension: Front suspension fork with rebound and lockout
- Battery: 48V 11.6Ah Li-ion with 15 Amp Continuous BMS Samsung 29E Cells
- Battery Life: 15-50 Miles* Depending On Mode
- Top Speed: 20 MPH On Flat Ground With 180 Pound Rider
- Charger: 48 Volt 2 Amp Intelligent Smart Charger Operates On Both 110 And 220 Volt AC Power Outlets
- Throttle: Half Twist Throttle And Intelligent 5 Level Pedal Assist
- Weight: 27 Kg (60.8 Lb)
- Frame: 6061 Aluminum Alloy
- Headset: Aluminum Alloy
- Stem: Aluminum Alloy
- Handlebar: Aluminum Alloy
- Grips Velo Comfort Leather Grips
- Front Brake: Tektro Mechanical Disk Brake (150mm)
- Rear Brake: Tektro Mechanical Disk Brake (150mm)
- Brake Levers: Aluminum Alloy Comfort Grip Levers
- Rear Derailleur: 7 Speed Shimano
- Chain: KMC Z7 Rustbuster
- Shift Levers: Shimano thumb shifter
- Cassette: 7 Speed Shimano
- Crankset: 60 Tooth With Aluminum Alloy Crank Arms
- Pedals: Wellgo M111 forged aluminum
- Rims: Double wall aluminum alloy 32H with CNC side wall
- Spokes: 13 Guage Stainless Spokes And Nipples
- Tires: 26’’x4’’ Kenda Juggernaut Fat Bike Tires
- Saddle: Comfort Gel Sport Saddle
- Lights: Front 200 Lumen LED Headlight Runs Directly From Main Battery. On/Off Switch Built Into LCD Gauge
- Fenders: Optional Available After Campaign
- Rear Carry Rack: Optional Available After Campaign
- Chain Guard: Included
- Kickstand: Included
* Range depends on operation mode and human input level.
Now get out there and shred, brah!